Thursday, December 07, 2006

What I got out of Waking Life and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Waking Life was just really confusing to me. It messed with my mind a lot. It made me think about life and the point of it... and if there even is a point to life. There were also some interesting facts in there... like the one about the isolated people, and that their scores on the crosswords were significantly better than the rest of the world's scores from the day before. Well, I did a bad job of explaining it, but I think you know the part I'm talking about. Another really cool think about Waking Life was the rodoscope. I had never heard of that before, so it was really interesting. It was also fun to watch and pick out when the artists had changed. And it was neat how the artists added in those little drawings of what the people were saying. After watching waking life, it made me all suspicius that I'm not really alive. And then I started turning on and off light switches. Another thing that was cool is that the director is the same guy who directed School of Rock. But those are two totally different movies. So it's interesting to see the different sides of the director. But overall to me, Waking Life was just mind-boggling. But I did enjoy it.

If I had never seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, then I would have been very confused. It took me a couple times of watching it to completely understand it. But I really like this movie. It's very different. The concept of erasing someone's mind kind of freaks me out. But I also wonder if it could ever be possible... or if it is possible? I don't know. Another thing I like about this movie is the characters. They are special in a way that makes them stand out from other characters in movies... especially Clementine. Eternal Sunshine is kind of a sad movie at some points, but it's full of all different kinds of emotions. Like sadness, and funniness, and drama, etc. But I guess I'm getting off topic from what the actual question was. What did I get out of this movie? Well, I guess since I have seen it so many times, it's hard for me to pick this out. But it's really just the uniqueness that intrigues me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home