Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hayao Miyazaki

I enjoyed Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke more than Totorro. This is probably because I can't remember Totorro. I must have been absent or something. But anyways, there were lost of similarities that I noticed in Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. One of them was that in both there were giant glob-like characters. There was NoFace in Spirited Away, and the demon boar in Princess Mononoke. And one interesting thing that I learned today is that Miyazaki uses a lot of little things from his own life and his own child-hood in his movies. One differenct that I noticed is that the animation in Princess Mononoke was less "cartoony." The animals and everything were made to look normal. Well, since I can't really remember or was absent during Totorro, I don't know what else to say...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home